The Employment Services Program serves individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) seeking meaningful employment in their communities.
Services to Job Seekers
- Support for each client’s exploration and development of career interests (Discovery).
- Assessment of the client’s individual skills, abilities, and obstacles to employment.
- Creation of individualized training programs to meet the needs of job seekers and employers.
- Skills training to develop meaningful work and the social skills essential to work success.
- Assist the job seeker to connect to potential employers through networking and formal Application for employment.
Services to Employers
- Business needs analysis
- Collaborate with businesses in recruitment, screening and pre-selection of candidates
- Create a job match between job seekers and businesses
- Assist with the development of tax credits and other incentives
- On-site job coaching and employer training regarding disability workplace needs.
The Referral Process
- State agencies, primarily the department of Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities, and Hospitals (BHDDH), and the Office or Rehabilitation Services (ORS) can make referrals directly to the programs by contacting the Cove Center Employment Services.
- Families, advocates, and referring agents are encouraged to visit the Cove Center to discuss potential options.
- Local education departments (LEA’s) can make referrals directly to the Groden Center Employment Programs for individuals served through the LEA.
Partners & Employers
|Burlington Coat Factory|
|Downtown Providence Parks Conservancy|
|Edge + Ends|
|Fox Point Library|
|Friends of India Point Park|
|Hope St. Pizza|
|John V. Doyle School|
|Meals on Wheels|
|Office Recycling Solutions|
|Providence Parks Department|
|Squeegie Clean Window Washing|
|The Car Store|
|The Cat Sanctuary|
|The East Side Mart|
|The Lobster Pot|
|The Sandwich Hut|
|Veteran’s Square Laundromat|