Since our establishment in 1976, Groden Network professionals have made significant progress in understanding and assisting those with autism and behavioral disabilities. We have conducted considerable research and investigation in this challenging field, and have received numerous requests for our publications.
In response, we have provided a list of the many articles that have been published in books and journals. In addition, we have produced videos that assist individuals in learning more about our relaxation and imagery procedures. Several books and manuals are also available to aid in understanding more about autism, behavioral disabilities, and behavior therapy techniques, all of which are integral components to the services we provide.
Symposium 2017 Handouts
Addressing Stereotypy – Gregory P. Hanley
Assuring Good Grief for Individuals with ASD – Patricia Fiske & Kelly Scott
Behavioral Approach to Teaching Self-Control – Leslie Weidenman, Amy Diller, & Kristen Audet
Books, Articles, and Videos
Please e-mail groden@GrodenCenter.org if you are interested in purchasing articles, books or videos. Indicate the publication name and the number of copies requested. Price along with shipping and handling rates will be e-mailed back. Please do not send credit card information by email.
On September 15, 2011, Dr. June Groden, Executive Director of the Groden Network “Your Autism Experts” participated in the U. S. Department of Heath & Human Services 2011 Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee’s Services Workshop in Bethesda Maryland.
The title of the workshop was “Enhancing Supports for people with Autism and their Families: Community Intergration and the the Changing Delivery System.”
To watch a video of this workshop Click Here
The Groden Center, Inc. directs and supports comprehensive research as a part of its mission to assist children and adults with autism, other developmental disabilities, and behavioral challenges to lead productive, dignified, and satisfying lives. Research findings are disseminated through scholarly publications (e.g., books, book chapters, journal articles), presentations at scientific conferences, and teaching activities via seminars and workshops.
Current Research Projects
- Wearable Platform to Foster Learning of Natural Facial Expressions and Emotions in High-Functioning Autism and Asperger Syndrome
- Telemetric Assessment of Movement Stereotypy in Children with ASD
- Rituals and Behavioral Rigidity in Children with Autism: Experimental Analysis of Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP)
- Electrophysiological Assessment of Guided Relaxation in Individuals with Autism
- Analyses of Parental and Teacher Responses on the Stress Survey Schedule for Persons with Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities (SSS)
- Mercury Hair Sampling in Young Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Urinary Isoprostane Levels in Autism Spectrum Disorders: An Index of Oxidative Stress
- Understanding Visual Perception in ASD
- CareLog System for Enhancing Functional Behavioral Assessments