Groden Center Day Programs
Groden Center Day Schools in Providence and Coventry, RI provide school aged (5-21) students to flourish.
Our treatment approach is rooted in Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) and Positive Behavior Supports in that it is evidence based, data-driven and designed to enhance positive interactions across educational, vocational, recreational and community settings.
Our extensive intake period and our individualized teaching process allow our students to maximize their capabilities. Our in-school staff includes:
- Clinical and behaviorally-trained psychologists
- Behaviorally trained supervisors
- Certified Special Education Teachers
- Speech & language pathologists
- Occupational therapists
- Adapted Physical Education staff
- Treatment staff continually trained in the most current therapies.
We strive to offer opportunities to learn, develop skills for every day life, recreate, build relationships with themselves and the community and most importantly have fun.
Local school departments, state agencies and other responsible providers can make referrals directly to the program by contacting the Admissions Office at the Center. Families, advocates and funding agencies are welcome to visit the Center to tour the program. When the Center receives all of the individual’s current records the funding agent, family and child/youth will visit the Center for an interview and screening to determine program needs. Following this review process, the Center will determine how and when it can best serve the individual, notifying the funding agent and family.
The Day Program serves children and youth between the ages of 5 and 21. The residential program serves adolescents between the ages of 12 and 21 from Rhode Island and other neighboring states. The following diagnostic criteria are a guide for referring individuals to the program:
- Developmental Disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Pervasive Developmental Disorders
- Behavioral Disorders
- Serious Communication and Learning Disabilities
- Dual-Diagnosed Cognitive and Mental Health Disorders.