The Cove Center
Since 1985, The Cove Center, Inc. has been serving adults in Rhode Island offering a range of individualized instructional, vocational, and residential programs and services. The Center's supports are person centered and emphasize an individuals' role in making choices and controlling the direction of his/her own life to the fullest extent possible.
COVE embraces diversity in strengths of community, spirit and team.
COVE is innovative, human centered, creative and open to building networks that are meaningful and transformative to match the dreams of the individuals who receive support.
COVE builds foundations to support growth through experiential opportunities without borders or walls.
Programs and Services
- Day Program - a service program designed to respond to the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities including autism, behavioral challenges, and emotional disabilities. Access to vocational, social and communications skill programs allow clients to reach their greatest level of independence, productivity, empowerment and community access.
- Day Habilitation Program - To increase an individual’s ability to exercise control over his/her personal environment, increase choice-making with dignity and respect, and support individual achievement by assisting members to utilize their personal resources for learning, leisure and relationships with others through the provision of individual habilitative assessment and skills training.
- Residential Program - provides a variety of residential accommodations for adults with developmental disabilities and special needs. To respond to the needs of adults with developmental disabilities, autism, emotional disorders and other challenging behaviors to help them reach their greatest level of independence, productivity and integration.
- Employment Services Program - The Employment Services Program operates as an educational division within The Groden Network. We serve individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) seeking meaningful employment in their communities.
- Stepping Out Program - a non-profit organization formed to provide social, educational, and cultural activities for adults with special needs.
- Cove Enterprises - revenue generating businesses that allow our clients to gain vocational experience while acquiring self esteem and independence.
The following diagnostic criteria are a guide for referring individuals to the program:
- Developmental disabilities
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Intellectual disabilities
- Behavioral disorders
- Emotional disturbances
- Serious communication and learning disabilities
- Dual-diagnosed cognitive and mental health disorders