“The greatest asset of a company is its people.”
- Jorge Paulo Lemann
At the Groden Network, we are more than just another organization. We’re a tight-knit family dedicated to a common cause – helping our clients improve their independence and the skills necessary to live a satisfying, fulfilled life. We are each partners in that endeavor, and we believe our family must have the benefits it deserves. Our benefits package is just one reason that we’ve been recognized as a leader of note in our communities.
Earned Time Off (ETO)
From vacations to dealing with illnesses, we understand that our employees need flexibility and understanding. All employees eligible (those working 20 or more hours per week) accrue earned time off (ETO) and extended sick leave (ESL). For full information about ETO and ESL, please speak with HR. Note that employees who work 20-30 hours per week receive pro-rated ETO and ESL.
We believe in empowering our employees to care for themselves and their families. We’re proud to offer both individual and family health benefits through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island to both full-time and part-time employees.
- Full-Time Employees: We pay approximately 80% of individual and family plan premiums for our full-time employees.
- Part-Time Employees: We prorate the premiums for employees who work between 20 and 29 hours per week.
Dental health is critical and affects the health of the entire body. We proudly provide dental insurance for our employees through Delta Dental of Rhode Island.
- Full-Time Employees: We cover 100% of the premiums for employees with an individual plan.
- Part-Time Employees: We prorate the premiums for employees who work between 20 and 36 hours per week.
Eye health is essential to living a healthy life. We offer a voluntary vision benefit through VSP Vision Care to all benefit-eligible employees.
- Employees are responsible for paying 100% of the vision plan costs.
Aflac Supplemental Insurance
Aflac can help take care of unexpected medical bills and expenses. Our partnership with them allows us to bring you product portfolios is as broad or as narrow as your needs, with individual insurance policies customized to your needs.
- Accident: When a covered accident happens to you, our accident insurance policy pays you cash benefits, unless assigned otherwise, to help with the unexpected medical and everyday expenses that begin to add up
- Cancer/Specified-Disease: Aflac's cancer/specified-disease insurance policy can help you and your family better cope financially if a positive diagnosis of cancer occurs.
- Hospital Confinement Indemnity: An Aflac hospital confinement indemnity insurance policy can help ease the financial burden of hospital stays by providing cash benefits.
- No-Cost EZ Shield Plan: We have teamed up with Aflac to provide access to an easy way to reduce your risk of becoming a victim of Fraud or Identity Theft. Aflac Fraud Protection, powered by EZ Shield, is now available to you free of charge as part of our Aflac benefits package!
- Critical Illness Plan is a RIDER plan attached to both the Accident Advantage Plan and/or the Cancer Protection Assurance Plan; you may purchase one or both and each have an additional cost (if interested, Human Resources and/or AFLAC will provide the RIDER rates to you). Rates for the Critical Illness Plan(s) are based on age and provide lump sum payment for specific critical illnesses.
Note that eligible employees choosing to enroll in health, dental, and/or vision plan(s), coverage will be effective the first day of the month following 60 days of employment.
Eligibility Requirements: 401(k), Life Insurance, and Disability Insurance
All employees with one year or 1,000 hours of service at a nonprofit health/human services agency within the last three years are eligible for 401(k), life insurance, and long-term/short-term disability coverage the first month after the date of hire.
Employees without nonprofit experience are eligible for enrollment on the first of the month following their first anniversary with the Groden Network.
We believe that all our employees should be able to plan confidently for the future. Our 401(k) plan is part of how we make that possible. We match half of an employee’s contribution up to a maximum of 4%. All employer contributions are fully vested upon completing three years of service.
- We offer life insurance free of charge for qualifying employees equal to twice their annual salary.
- We offer long-term disability insurance that provides approximately 60% of an employee’s monthly income if they are unable to work for more than six months due to illness.
Tax-Deferred Annuity Plan [403(b)]
As part of our commitment to helping our employees build a financially secure future, we offer access to a 403(b) tax-deferred annuity plan. All employees are eligible on their date of hire.
We are committed to ensuring that all employees pursue ongoing development and continuing education to best serve our clients and help them live independent, satisfying lives. We’re proud to reimburse our employees for the coursework they complete in pursuit of professional development.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter!
The Groden Network is constantly growing and pushing the boundaries of autism awareness and care. Join our newsletter to keep up with important updates.