Our Employment Services Program is designed to help the individuals we serve find rewarding, meaningful employment in the wider community while building their sense of self-confidence and empowerment. We work with individuals on the autism spectrum, as well as those with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
We work with individuals who seek employment and deliver the assistance they require in connecting with employers. Our job seeker services include:
- Supporting each individual's exploration and development of career interests to discover rewarding, meaningful employment.
- Assessing each individual’s unique personality, skill set, and interests to inform the path to employment.
- Training programs and skill development that is specific to where each individual is in life to help them meet employer requirements.
- Connecting individuals with potential employers through multiple formats, including networking and submitting formal applications.
Our Employer Services
At The Cove Center, we work with employers to address key needs through several critical services, including:
- Conducting a business needs analysis.
- Collaborating in the recruitment, screening, and employee preselection process.
- Creating a job match between job seekers and employers.
- Assisting with the development of tax credits and other incentives.
- Delivering on-site coaching and employer training regarding disability workplace needs.
Our Referral Process
The Cove Center’s referral process is streamlined and beneficial for the individuals, their families, and potential employers.
- State agencies, including the Department of Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities, and Hospitals (BHDDH) and the Office of Rehabilitation Services (ORS) can directly refer patients to our program by contacting us directly.
- Families, advocates, and referring agents are welcome to visit The Cove Center for themselves and discuss options.
- Local education departments (LEAs) can refer individuals directly to the Employment Services Program.
Our Partners & Employers
- Amica Insurance
- Burlington Coat Factory
- Central Nurseries
- Cranston Collision
- Downtown Providence Parks Conservancy
- Edge + Ends
- First Works
- Fox Point Library
- Friends of India Point Park
- Greene Library
- Groden Greenhouse
- Hope St. Pizza
- John V. Doyle School
- Meals on Wheels
- Office Recycling Solutions
- Office Recycling Solutions
- P.F. Changs
- Parks Conservancy
- Patriot Laundromat
- Pizza Hut
- Portfolio Café
- Price Rite
- Providence Parks Department
- Rochambeau Library
- Savers, Inc.
- Sensational Child
- Squeegie Clean Window Washing
- The Car Store
- The Cat Sanctuary
- The East Side Mart
- The Lobster Pot
- The Sandwich Hut
- Veteran's Square Laundromat
- Wheaton College
Subscribe To Our Newsletter!
The Groden Network is constantly growing and pushing the boundaries of autism awareness and care. Join our newsletter to keep up with important updates.